Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Moon's Bathing Place

After a wild concert last and two farmers' markets this morning (where I bought 4 kilos of bee pollen, all that they would sell me due to limited supplies- I'm stocking up for winter!), I needed to get back out and explore nature.  I love having meaningful experiences in nature- to me, that's what its all about... all the raw foods, all the superfoods, all the superherbs, everything else I do to cultivate vibrant health and longevity is all really designed to enhance my ability to have meaningful experiences in nature.  Sometimes I get the profound pleasure to share these experiences with others, sometimes I have the equally profound pleasure of experiencing these moments in solitude.  This occasion happened to be one of the solo adventures.  I knew I wanted to go somewhere interesting, but I didn't really know where.  I knew it would take some driving to get there, but I wasn't really ready to spend half my day driving.  I looked through a local tourism book that was given to me for Christmas by the amazing family that I stayed with in Mandurah when I first arrived in Australia.  I wasn't finding much, but then read a small section about Meekadarabee Falls in Ellensbrook.  I knew the word Meekadarabee was obviously aboriginal, but I had no idea what it meant.  It didn't really say that much about it, but waterfalls are always nice and Ellensbrook wasn't far from Margaret River, the second farmers' market I went to this morning.  I knew almost nothing about this place, but decided to go for it.  I drove out there, parked, and started following the trail out into the forest.  The nature around me was exquisite- large, majestic, wild looking trees everywhere and several small creeks flowing within view of the trail.  I arrived at a viewing point in front of a pond, which sat just below a 10 foot tall shallow cave.
    
Rewind to March- I went on an aboriginal bushwalk with David Wolfe and the retreat group and at the end of the bushwalk, David and a few others were asking the aboriginal guide about cold water springs in the area.  The lady mentioned two places.  One nearby was dried up and the other she didn't really give us enough details to know how to find it.  All she said was that it was called "The Bathing Place of the Moon."

Fast forward to today- there was a large illustrated book at the lookout in front of the pond, which told the short story of Meekadarabee, which it explains means "The Bathing Place of the Moon!" I found it!  (The story of Meekadarabee is a story of forbidden love, resulting in the death of both lovers.)

This pond clearly wasn't the source of the spring, so I kept walking, soon coming to the most incredible set of waterfalls, covered by lush greenery with water cascading in all directions.  I was so mystified by it, I stood there for the better part of an hour, just watching it in contemplation.  Then I went around the back of the falls, walking a little further to where the spring comes right out of the rocks.  I had no plans (maybe subconsciously) to find a spring today, so I didn't have a TDS meter or bottles, so I just knelt down and drank until I was full.  Definitely going back tomorrow to collect!

Then I went and watched Truth Calkins presentation on Jing City from the last longevity conference... what an inspiring presentation!  All of the super powerful aspects of herbalism that I'm furthering my knowledge of and bringing into my life are getting me really excited!  How's this for an affirmation? I am a God in a four layer biobody suit.  I have neuroplasticity and I'm ready to create reality!"

No comments:

Post a Comment