Thursday, March 17, 2011

Yoga, waves, and superfood parties!

Yet again, what an adventure the past few days have been!  On Sunday I did a promotion for Samudra at a environmental awareness event called the Great Green Move.  I did a chocolate making demo for 40 people, which was so much fun.  It was my first chocolate demo in Australia for a public audience and I made the mistake of pointing out the differences several times between my chocolate and Hershey's... only to be informed after that they don't have Hershey's in Australia!  But I think I still got my point across.  Then I got pulled in at the last moment to take part in a live yoga demo... definitely wasn't expecting that one, but I did my best... couldn't compare with the girls who had been practicing for years, but managed to keep up more or less and had fun doing it. 

Since arriving in Australia, I still haven't been able to find a good spring water source, as spring locations aren't as publicly shared here as back in California.  Finally on Tuesday I found some good maps showing water source locations.  I located 10 different springs on the map, though it wasn't possible to see what the surroundings were or if they were on private property.  After work Ben and I went to look for waves, but couldn't find any, so we decided to check out the first of the springs I had mapped out.  With a little searching, we found the first one, but it was contaminated due to the fact that it was in the middle of a cow field abundant with dung.  We went to look for the second spring I had mapped, but in Ben's 4WD we soon found ourselves bogged in the sand and the wheels just kept spinning deeper and deeper.  We left his truck in the sand for the night and I went to a meditation class.  It was nice to meditate, but the teacher lived too much in another world for me.  I think its great when meditation teachers can exist successfully in other realms as well as successfully interact with people and the world around them, which this lady just couldn't.  The funniest part though was that I had to come straight there from having tried to dig Ben's truck out of the sand and my hands and feet were covered in black dirt and sand... I was a sight to behold walking into this class! :)
Having worked on Sunday, I was entitled to take a morning off of work this week, so three friends and I decided to go surf yesterday morning after yoga at Guillotines, which can only be accessed by a boulder ridden 4WD track.  We scored perfect head high left and right waves all to ourselves on a beautiful clear sunny day for 3 hours.  The spot was a bit intense, there was only about three feet of water over the sharp rock reef at any time and if you didn't kick out of the wave in time, it went right into a rock ledge that stuck completely out of the water!  Luckily I escaped unscathed, but with a few close calls!  On the way back, we went back to Ben's truck and towed it out of the sand.  I was feeling great and had a super productive afternoon at work.  Last night we had an all time party at my house with an international crew, 1 American, 1 Frenchman, 1 Venezuelan, 1 Colombian, 1 Israeli, 1 Canadian, 1 Australian, and 2 Germans ;).  I made chocolate and some ridiculously powerful herbal cacao concoctions and we all got blissed out! (and did a bit of cacao butter painting) That is my kind of party!  Today I squeezed in an hour long surf at Goanna's between yoga and work and had another wicked (local for awesome) session!  I can really feel my surfing improving and I am so stoked on surfing at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment