Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Detachment on Nusa Lembongan

As of my last post, I had decided to postpone my departure to Nusa Lembongan and stay a few more days in Ubud to meet up with Afi from Big Tree Farms and Simon, a sharp Israeli businessman, to show them how I make chocolate and to talk business... It was 50% a huge success, 50% total failure from one potential perspective, but from my perspective, a 100% success!  I originally say 50/50 because we made chocolate, but never got to business... The reason being that my chocolate, which included superherbs like astragalus, chaga, reishi, and shilajit, got everyone so high that nobody could stop laughing and joking around and licking chocolate off their fingers!  We were having the best time ever, no question about it!  I think this goes to the ancient business wisdom that the most important meetings are those that have nothing to do with the business at all.  We were all totally in the moment enjoying a high unknown to 99% of the world and we're planning to all meet up again before I leave later this month.

The next morning I left early to catch a boat to Nusa Lembongan, a small island 12 miles off the southeast coast of Bali.  Before leaving, I bid farewell to Dani and Elan, my friends who I had been staying with in Ubud. I was now back to traveling alone, which I think is really important.  Traveling with other people is great fun and almost all of my travels in recent years, with the exception of about a week during my Bali adventures, have been with friends.  (I don't count Australia as a solo adventure, as I made so many close friends there almost instantly.)  I haven't always traveled in a  pack, however, in fact most of my travels when I was younger and exploring Costa Rica were solo adventures.  Its great to share adventures with friends, but there's a different dynamic to traveling with a group.  With a group, your well being- mental, spiritual, and physical become strongly pulled to the direction of the collective well being of the group. (I say physical too because when other people start complaining about mosquito bites, mine, which weren't itching a moment before, suddenly start to itch!)  Being alone allows you to really be present with yourself and assess where your well being really lies.  Most importantly, this solo time allows me to make sure that I am 100% happy with myself and complete on all levels and that my social interactions with others don't come from a place of any attachment or need.  I want my interactions with others to come from a place of simply wanting to enhance everyone's experience of this enchanted reality.  I think I'm relatively close to this already, but this week alone allows me to really examine whether I'm 100% there and to do the necessary internal work where the need for it arises.  I think when we can interact with others with no attachment to them, essentially not requiring that person's energy or love to supplement our own lacking of spiritual/universal energy or self-love, all of our interactions, from the most mundane day to day exchanges to moments of deep love, become more powerful, beautiful, and enlightened.  Good things happen when we're not attached to them happening.  Great high energy interactions happen when we have so much energy of our own that we don't require the other person's energy, but can celebrate in the experience of universal energy together.  Great love happens when we have so much love of our own that we don't require the other person's love, but can celebrate in the experience of universal love together! :)

Oh yeah... my first few days here had fantastic waves too!
Right now I'm in the middle of a great book, The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire- Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence by Deepak Chopra- highly highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment