Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Going out big!

This morning started in Taipei, Taiwan for me, after having flown 14 hours across the Pacific to stop here for four hours en route to Bali.  You go into a weird time warp when you're in a dark plane for that long, but I did manage to get some good sleep.  I arrived in cloudy Taipei at 5:30 AM local time and being a good ashtangi, went right to the gate and laid out my yoga mat to do my morning practice.  After that long haul flight, it felt great to get moving and open up my body.  Its such a blessing to have this practice to take with me wherever I go to open up and reconnect.  I did my best to stay focused while every passer by stopped for a few seconds to try to determine what exactly I was doing.  The janitor lady stood about five feet away and watched me the entire time without so much as even blinking!  I told Ben, who I'm meeting in Bali, about this via Skype and he said "She's probably in the dunnies now bustin' out some maneuvers!"

But before this day could start, yesterday had to happen first.  My final day (for now) in America was without question the best day ever by far so far!  Saturday night was an all-night chocolate making extravaganza that lasted until 4:30 in the morning, but Monday morning I flipped my clock right back around to wake up at the same time I had gone to bed the previous night to get in a yoga practice before crushing an epic green superfood pudding and driving off to the tonic bar.  I love working at the tonic bar so much that I crave it and miss it when I'm not there.  Monday was no exception to this, with all of my great friends passing by throughout the day for one more Sage superfood concoction and for hugs goodbye.  It was just one of those days full of hilarity- so much laughter and so much fun.  Most importantly of all, though, real connection with real people.
As soon as I finished my shift at the bar, I had to run out the door to beat traffic to Oasis Wellness Center to teach a super foods class to an excited and eager group of students.  I poured as much information into them as I could and was really impressed talking with them afterwards to see how much they retained.  Then I went back home just for an hour, to finish packing my last few items, throw together a delicious salad with spirulina and chlorella all over it, make an ultra dense superfood pudding to take on the plane with me (I hoped they wouldn't consider it a liquid if I made it so thick that you could turn the container upside down and it wouldn't pour out... no such luck though- security sent me back out and I had to eat it before going through again.) and head off to the airport.

The past 36 hours have already been so under out of control, I can't wait to see what happens when I actually get to Bali!  Time to go get on the plane!

No comments:

Post a Comment