Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Midsummer's Christmas



I had a beautiful Christmas here in Mandurah, WA in the middle of summer, where temperatures reached 39 degrees yesterday (102 degrees Fahrenheit!)- definitely my hottest summer ever.  To escape the heat, David took his family and me out on the ocean on his 40’+ motorboat for a great day of relaxation, swimming, jet skiing, wakeboarding, and wakesurfing.  The water here is about 78 degrees F and perfect crystal clear blue!  On the way back in from the ocean, we cruised through the canals of Mandurah, which reminded me a lot of the famed canals of Venice, Italy, only a much more modern version.  Check out the short video below to see some dolphins cruising through the canals!  (Make sure to put it to full screen and change to resolution to HD to see them well.)  Today I bid farewell to David and Carol, the best hosts ever to drive 2.5 hours south to the town of Dunsborough, a town that is small in population (3,600 residents) but big on surf.  Waves are coming Wednesday, until then I’ll be exploring the trails and caves of Dunsborough and hunting down spring water- I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment