Monday, January 10, 2011

Everything you need is right there

"Everything you need is right there!" 
This is a great quote I'm borrowing from David Wolfe that has been a recurring theme for me ever since arriving in Australia.  Nearly every time I think of something that I need, it shows up right around me as soon as I take a few seconds to observe my surroundings a little more closely.  This has literally been happening to me every day.  Yesterday, I was driving to go surf when the director of Samudra called me and told me to meet him on a street that I had never heard of so he could take me surfing to a spot that required 4WD to get to.  (Getting to most beaches around here requires an automobile with significant ground clearance capable of serious rock crawling and driving through deep loose sand.)  Before I could even say that I didn't have any idea where that road was, I spotted the street sign of the intersection I was approaching, and, low and behold, it was the exact street that I needed!  At home I have several aloe plants that I'm always using on my skin and in my superfood elixirs and today I was thinking how nice it would be to have an aloe plant here, but how hard it would be to find a nursery that had one. As I thought this, I walked around a side of the building where I'm living that I hadn't walked around before, and growing right there were two aloe plants!  I couldn't believe my eyes!  So next time you think you need to go somewhere to get what you need, consider the possibility- better yet, the probability, or even best, consider the certainty that everything that you need is right there, its just a matter of opening your senses and becoming more conscious of what is around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment